Sunday, August 5, 2012

I'm Back!

I wanted to blog today because I feel like my last few posts have been real downers...ha!

So.  I added a mile to my run tonight, which put me at four miles.  I know...just another day for most of you, but for me it's kinda a big deal!  I was nervous, but excited about doing it.  I ran with my friend, Susanne, who is also training for the half marathon (yay, Susanne!) and I have to say it was probably my best run yet!  I felt good the whole time, my breathing was good...it was just...good.  I really needed that after my terrible week last week.  Last week I was ready to throw in the towel.  After tonight I fell like I'm right back where I need to be as far as my training goes and I'm already super pumped about running tomorrow!

So that's it.  Short and sweet.  Just wanted to put a little excitement in my blog as it's been lacking that here lately!  Ah, the ups and downs of training.  :)

Who else out there is running?  Let me know how your training is going!  I love reading your comments...it always inspires me!


                                                                                            Jessica




                                                                               

5 comments:

  1. Loving your blog. I'm doing my 3rd half in November. The first two I walked the majority of, but plan on running/jogging at least half of the half in November. I really need to get to training for it. I'm running it with my two best friends and we are all at different levels so it will be interesting. I've been running off and on for the last year but have problems sticking with it. I think I up my distance to quickly, I've not been following a plan. So I checked out the one you are following and I think I'm going to give it a go. I can already run 1/4 mile at a time so I guess I'll start there. Keep up the running you are inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! That makes me feel so good! The training plan I'm doing has been awesome and so far I've been able to stick totally with it. If I can do it, ANYBODY can do it! Good luck with training and with your half! Please let me know how it all goes!

      Delete
  2. I stumbled across your blog a few days ago while researching Half training. I read the whole thing and you have really inspired me. I too am out of shape and am at my heaviest :( and SUCK at running. However, I have always admired runners and really want to be able to put that little 13.1 sticker on my car hehe. I started Sunday with a 4 month program. I hope to be able to run 8 miles at the end for a race I'm doing with my best friend on Thanksgiving morning. My half is in March of next year so I should have plenty of time. I too am trying to do some cross-training on my rest days with the help of my xbox and kinect. So far, so good. Keep it up so I will too. :)

    and I'm curious how much weight you have lost so far. I am doing this for my health but I also really want to lose about 50 lbs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I'm so glad you came across my blog! Your goals sound awesome and seem totally within reach! I'm telling you...if I can run, anybody can run! Just stick with the training and you'll rock both the race in November and the half in March...no doubt.

      I just finishe week 7 of my training plan and I've lost about 15 pounds so far. In the last few weeks I've really buckled down on eating right, too. Not only do I lose more weight when I do, but my runs are south better when I've fueled with the right foods. Don't get discouraged, though. I would lose a lot one week and then may stay the same for the entire next week. Then I'd lose a lot agin the next. The good news is the weight has never gone up in the last seven weeks!

      Thank you do much for commenting! I am so inspired when I hear from people in similar situations as me. Please keep me posted on your progress. I can't wait to hear how your race in November goes!

      Delete
    2. Ha...I typed that response from my phone. Obviously autocorrect got me a couple of times! Let me know if you need it translated! ;)

      Delete