Friday, May 25, 2012

So, why running?

 The fact of the matter is, I need to get in shape.  Y'all, my dad passed away when I was 8 years old.  He was 38.  In April of this year I turned 33.  How scary is that??  I'm 5 short years from being the age my daddy was when he passed away.  It's way past time to do something. (Now that y'all are aware of that, feel free to use this tidbit of info to push me harder!)

So, why running?  You mean besides the fact that I have a fabulous friend/neighbor that inspired me and helped me get started? Well...it's the most convenient.  Period.  I don't have to have a gym membership.  I don't have to drive anywhere to be somewhere appropriate to do my workout.  There's no appropriate time.  I can literally just open my apartment door and take off whenever I want/have time.  And because it's so convenient, I can make no excuses.  I love that.  Besides...how many fat runners do  you see out there?  Not many!  Not any. 

Oddly, whenever I would think about working out running was always the first thing that came to my mind.  Don't know why.  Not good at it.  Just something I always thought I should try.  So that must mean it's somewhere in my heart, right?! 

I've really come to like it a lot.  Like almost love it.  Almost.  ;) 




No comments:

Post a Comment