Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Marathon Week!

OH MY WORD!  Y'all, I cannot even believe the week of my half marathon is here.  I'm am freaking out a little bit!  I can't believe it's been six months since I started my training.

Last week my nerves were completely shot.  I couldn't focus on anything but this race and "what if" I come in last place, "what if" I suck, "what if..."  blah blah blah.  After talking to a friend who has completed many half marathons I felt much better.  The race isn't consuming my thoughts at this point, but I do still get butterflies and nervous feelings when people mention it.  I mean...four days!  I'm going to run 13.1 miles in FOUR days!

Y'all, training has been so fun.  Actual physical running aside, I have met so many fun people!  Some I've met in person and lots I haven't, but talk to them on blogger/twitter/facebook like we've been friends forever.  You have all been so encouraging throughout the last six months and I'm SO grateful for that!  Hopefully we can keep those new friendships going...the encouragement is definitely necessary.  :)

So this week's training is super easy.  Almost seems too easy compared to the rest.  Couple of three milers and then the big day...(Eeeek!!)  I can't wait to blog after the half marathon!

I know this post has been all over the place.  I'm a big ball of nerves and excitement right now!
Talk to you all soon!



                                                                                                     Jessica

1 comment:

  1. Good luck tomorrow! You'll do great. Have fun with it! I can't wait to read about all the details.

    Raegan

    ReplyDelete